Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thank You James


Late Wednesday afternoon, James Posey reached an agreement with the New Orleans Hornets on a contract for 4 years worth roughly 24 million dollars. It is without a doubt in my mind that Posey was instrumental in the Boston Celtics winning their 17th banner. While I am upset that he is gone, I have learned that going after the pay day is what sports are all about for athletes today. I remember being heartbroken when Johnny Damon left the Sox for the New York Yankees.


However, I harness no ill will toward James Posey. I am grateful for what he contributed to the Boston Celtics. While the name Big Shot Bob is reserved for Robert Horry, I think that after this year's playoffs, we can assert a new nickname for James Posey. Big Game James. His signing was under the radar after the acquistions of Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett. But it is defintely one signing that Celtics fans should never forget.


Thank you James for your great 2007-2008 season. And thank you for your contributions in making Boston known as "Titletown."
From here the Celtics must look for someone to fill James' shoes. He is the glue that holds great teams together. Every great team has it. And Posey maybe all that New Orleans needs to get them over the hump. Who will the Celtics turn to? Darius Miles? Tony Allen? Stephon Marbury?
Mark my words, James Posey will be missed.




-Scottie