Thursday, August 7, 2008

Who-lio Lugo?


Since the famous Manny Ramirez trade, the Red Sox have been rolling right along winning 5 of their 6 games. Sure they have beaten the bottom of the barrel this past weak, be that as it may. No matter how you cut it, the Sox have been playing good baseball.


Today, my father asked me about Julio Lugo. My dead honest response was, Who? I completely forgot about the man that I like as much as I enjoy waiting in line at the DMV. My father told me that the Sox still owe him well over 10 million for this season and next. I thought about this and came to the conclusion that the Sox should just buy him out (much like they did with Edgar Renteria). Thank you for your services, which included many errors and zero hitting, here is your paycheck, be gone.


This is all entirely to easy to say because of the progress of one kid. Jed Lowrie. Lowrie is hitting .287 with 22 RBI, 7 doubles, and 2 triples. He has the most RBI's for all shortstops in Major League Baseball since the all star break. He also has 0 errors in 72 chances.


With the play of Lowrie, I believe it is Terry Francona's duty to keep Lowrie on the field and Lugo on the pine. No one is looking for Lowrie to work miracles. As long as he stays defensively sound and hits over .280 he will be filling his role on the Sox admirably.


Lugoo's strained quad is probably the best thing to happen to the Red Sox since Lester's no hitter. Lowrie has shown that he is a major league ready ball player. It is his time to be an everyday player.


Julio should start doing what a lot of people are doing today... look for another job.



-Scottie


1 comment:

Del218 said...

amen to that!!!!!